Monday, June 15, 2009

Wallrighty then

The following I wrote on Monday the 15th, I found it it was in the drafts section, Yayy


Soooooooooooooo today I am going to talk about good and evil. we talked about this in church the other day. What is evil?? For me it is depriving someone the right of life, liberty, freedom and the pursuit of happiness. It is denying someone's humanness and need for love. It is action without compassion, and thoughts without understanding. It is the absence of justice. Is there absolute evil?? I don't know. It depends. Killing is evil. Even in a war. It is denying someone the right to live, and denying the humanness of the person. It is denying the fact that evil is something that cannot be stopped/harnessed through killing. When we kill someone, or condemn someone, who are we condemning?? The person right?? Did we consider the person's background? Did we consider that we could have been in the same situation if we had been born into that person's life? Do we think that killing that person will make the situation right? And that being said, do we really have free will? I'll let you ponder that. I'll let you ponder all of this. Peace, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment