Friday, June 12, 2009

ponderings about god in the garden

Well it just took me about 96 years to figure out how to write a new blog, but clearly i just figured it out.

Yesterday, whist eating a delightful sandwich by the pond, I read a quote I have read many times before. "One is closer to God in a garden than any other place on earth" or something like that. Well now, I have seen that billions of times before, and many times stopped to ponder it. Who wrote it?? Why??? Is he/she right?? The verse is anonymous, so we cannot figure out why he/she wrote it. But I have to say I quite vehmently disagree. I mean gardens are places that people plant things, and people create. Wouldn't one feel closer to God in the Grand Canyon, or in a rainforest, or holding a new baby, or playing with children, or feeling an overwhelming sense of Love???

And then I thought, why am I even pondering this??? I am pretty sure I do not believe in a personal/Creator God. . . why is this even on my mind still?? Im thinking God didn't create the garden people do (well God created the flowers, and people planted them there) but everything in the Rainforest is untouched by humans and then I was like WHOA hold the phone, I don't even believe that God Creates, well I don't even know if I believe in any sort of God. Why does this idea of God have such hold on me??

When I was a small child, I think I was atheist. I use to lay in bed pondering what eternal nothingness would be like (I imagined a black tunnel, me just chilling there with my back to the wall, forever and ever) I wasn't even bothered by it, I just tried to imagine it, and then I kept coming back to the idea that I would be dead, and wouldn't even know. . . see I remember doing this, and then I also remember being taught about God and heaven, and even unquestioningly beleiving in God at one point (actually no. . I thought the pastor was God, so clearly I was wrong, lol) anyway thats all for now, peace!!!!!!!!!!1

1 comment:

  1. Ohh wait, maybe they feel closer to God because they are participating in His creation, or in his work of creation, and because they are the are part of the Cause, or the cause and effect of life, the feel part of God.

    ReplyDelete