Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday/Tuesday say NO to TV

Today is technically Monday, but since I work Sunday-Thursday it is my Tuesday. I'm about to go get my drink on, but I just thought I would write some highlights of my day:

Waking up was NOT a highlight. Nope. I mean, I suppose its good that I woke up, but I was not cheerful.

Miss T: I just want to reflect on how HOLY it is to help someone with their getting ready for bed process. To hold some one's beautiful hands and feet to lotion them up is really sacred. I feel so connected to her, and inspired to always help support others.

One of my dear co-workers was telling me how weird I was. When I complained to Mr. D, he gave me a comforting hug and told me "No, you are not weird".

I spent a good hour with Mr. H today by myself. I love that he finds my stupid songs funny, and my ridiculous actions humorous.

I learned that having brownies for breakfast is pretty stupid.

One last thing:
Many conservatives feel like girls are being sexualized to early, and are too influenced by T.V. Many liberals feel EXACTLY the same way. And the thing is, the sexualization/sexism of women continues. Watch the TV for an hour. How many times is a man in a cooking commercial (besides cooking on the grill) NEVER. Those pop-tart commercials Always have a mom handing out pop-tarts. Women are always the focus of cleaning commercials, and of baby/kid stuff commercials. When girls are little, corporations push being girly and pretty on them. Later, its pushing "sexy" on them, and later still, its being a homemaker. Say WHAT???
I am certainly not saying being a homemaker is wrong . . it is not. It is a beautiful thing to do to support your family. Being a home-maker is not, however, the only choice for women. In some families, it might make more sense for the male figure to be the homemaker. If he is organized, likes to clean and cook, etc, and the woman has a job that she loves, well why not. Or, if both heads of the house, it makes sense for them to share in the homemaking based on their individual strengths.
Anyway, my point is, liberals and conservatives alike are worried because their young ladies are dressing like Britney when they are five, having sex way to soon (before they are ready, because the media makes them think they are ready), and are made to think from a young age that their role in the home is cleaning, cooking, and caring for the kids. We need to do something about this media and these companies that are imposing culture on us. SAY NO to TV!!
And speaking of cleaning stuff, you can clean your whole house with vinegar, baking soda, water and lemon juice.
Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment