Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am just writing because I am greatly annoyed about all of the absurd laws in religion. Like one is that you are not obligated to go to church if the priest is practising an immoral lifestyle. First of all, no one is practicing a perfectly moral lifestyle, and second, who the fuck has the right to dictate how and when you should go to church. That should be a personal choice only, and if it is dictated, or there are rules for it then people are going because they feel they are obligated too, and not because they want to, and that surely means they will get a lot less out of it. It is hard enough to be truly present in church when you want to be there, so how can you be present if you don't want to be there, and are just going there because you feel you should. There may be a church full of bodies, but there are most likely only a few minds present. ARRRGHHHHHH what the Hell??? I guess this is reason number 200 why I am atheist.

Second pet peeve is the close-minded assumption that atheist can't be thankful or feel blessed. Well you know what? I AM AN ATHEIST AND I AM THANKFUL and feel blessed. I am thankful for the generosity, kindness and love of my friends, the people I live with, my family, and for this beautiful earth that provides me with what I need. I am thankful for people that are selfless and giving, and for the Lovers of humanity!! I am thankful for the thinkers and the honest, and for people who accidently begin the most incredible movements simply because of an inkling of love. I'm talking about Jean Vanier who began the wonder that is L'Arche, I am also thankful for all the other Lovers and Thinkers of this world that put there foot down, and went the opposite way of the world, which is the way of Peace and the Path to justice and liberty for all!!!!!!! Not just for you, Christians, for Atheists, Agnostics, Apatheists, Christians, Deists, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, Wiccans and all of the other people of the world, for Humans everwhere to have inner peace, aka freedom, liberty. . . and all that jazz.

Also, to quote a movie that was silly but suprisingly true and lovely called 100 girls, is that there are too many -ists in the world (also isms) and if we want to be -ists, we should be humanists because we are all humans and that is highlighting our sameness and not our differentness that is so damn divisive.

Love,

Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment