Saturday, June 26, 2010

So, I was a vegetarian for more than two years, than I came to L'Arche and messed up. I mean, how can I encourage my core members to eat, if I am not eating. I'm going to try again, but I need support. I used to make the menu so we only mostly had non-meat protein (including fish, which I know is an animal). I would also be willing to eat locally farm (the old sort of farm) raised meat. I think. Maybe not, because I did read that if we stop eating the meat, and eat the grain they eat (thats grown for the overabundance of cows), we would have more food to share with starving people.

Why is life so confusing??? I wish I could stick more firmly to the things I believe. I wished my actions matched my aspirations, goals, etc. I guess I wish I was more disciplined.

some things I TRY to do to help others (including myself) out.

  • Shopping at thrift stores (better for the environment, my wallet, etc)
  • Eating simply
  • buying minimal technology
Stuff I would like to work towards

  • going back to vegetarianism
  • packing all my lunches (not eating out, even at subway)
  • reading instead of goofing of online.

1 comment:

  1. Living simply really isn't all that simple at times! But you know what they say: "If you fall off the horse..."

    Good luck and peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete